Friday, August 14, 2020

Freedom to be Human and Help others to Be Human!!!!!!

 Today our Nation celebrates 74th Independence day with fun and frolic online and not in a usual grandeur, fun, and frolic due to pandemic. As we celebrate it in our families along with the loved ones, I am sure that there are many thoughts are running in our minds and hearts, there are valid and pertinent questions being raised by our growing up children. What is freedom? where do I find and experience it? Do I have the freedom to speak, write, express my opinion about some events that take place around me? Can I voice out the injustice that I experience and the poor and innocent people who also experience? Am I preferring to be quiet in order not to burn my fingers and bring about unnecessary problems and troubles in life? 

Do I know my Constitution which gives me so many rights? It also ensures many things that make us sons and daughters of Mother India without being labeled as belonging to a particular religion or caste? Do I know that it protects my basic freedom and rights? Do I take the trouble to read and know many things that I use to enlighten the uneducated and ignorant? These are the questions that we must teach our dear and near ones to ask. 


But today our youth is seeing something different, what is promised and enshrined in the constitution is not followed or trampled underfoot. When innocent people are killed for trivial and insignificant reasons, where rights are denied, where our young girls are raped and killed, some are illegally detained or arrested for no fault of theirs, when our nature is raped by the high and mighty. what are the answers we have for our youth today? who can supply these answers to them?


Our Nation has all the potentialities to be a superpower,  can lead the other nations to develop and grow in many ways, our culture is so rich and has the power to explode anywhere in the world, the culture which the pillars of strong and deep roots in languages, religions, customs, and traditions. Let the whole world know it through our lives. In our Nation, we have men and women from all walks of life who have shown us that we can be creative and bring about change to rise above the differences. 


Let us pray that our Nation becomes stronger, vibrant, and active in all fields. Let us ask Mother Mary to protect every citizen from all harm and especially from Pandemic, as we celebrate her Assumption into heaven. 

No comments: