Saturday, May 1, 2021

Thanking the Lord for 29 years of Priesthood!!!!!!!!!




I am Celebrating 29 years of my priesthood in the Capuchin Franciscan Order with joy and gratitude in my heart. I believe in the working of the Lord and the Holy Spirit for all the joy, accompaniment and blessings received every year in all the moments and situations as a leader and formator. The sense of sacrifice and commitment was kept alive and active through the ongoing formation in my province and at the Order level. Today i pray that i keep sacrificing for the Lord so that He may make best use of gifts and talents



Today with pride i can say that i am happy to be a priest and sense of fulfilment in these years of blessings and graces in serving the Lord in various capacities. I have always believed that it was God who wanted me to speak and preach in His Name and I am happy that the Lord gave me the grace to be faithful.



I have tired all these years to be an instrument of God's love and mercy, preaching His word for which the people are hungry to experience the Lord and His presence in their lives. It is my intention and desire to bring people close to God and to the Church and making them to accept the love, mercy and compassion of the Lord. I have encouraged people to sustain their souls by expressing a strong faith in the Lord and the sacraments. One thing i have learnt that there is a great need for listening to the people who are suffering from various problems and they want to see and experience the true face of Christ.



All these years i have celebrated the Sacraments with the intention to bring God's presence and healing to the people who are longing to experience God. To be with the people during the celebrations of these sacraments which are important events and moments in the life is so very important as faithful appreciate the presence of the priest. Listening to the problems during the sacrament of reconciliation makes the priest strong in commitment and vocation. When you listen to people who are anxious, upset, depressed etc is not easy to offer them eary and tailor made solutions and answers. 

No comments: