Friday, May 7, 2021

Entering Into 60th Year of Life Today



Since the Pandemic began, this is my second birthday celebration. Last year i was under a lockdown in a convent of the Carmelites for 54 days and two days before my birthday I managed to get travel permission to our close by Friary at Aurangabad, Maharashtra where i celebrated birthday the friars and students. It was a memorable one as the whole whole country under lockdown and yet the friars managed to make a grand celebration for me. Today i am in UAE and don't feel like celebrating it as many countries are reeling under the attack of covid especially India where the positivity rate is alarmingly very high. In solidarity with all those who are suffering and the front line workers i offer and dedicate the day for them in prayers. 



Today as i enter into my 60th year of life i would like to reflect on my past and present, thank God for my family, friends and friars, thank those who have made a huge difference in my life. It will be a day to take a stock of those wonderful people and their blessings in my life who have stood with me in all moments of my life. As i thank the Lord for today and also ask for his grace to reflect on my future, i want my remaining years to be more fruitful than those of the past...to be more useful and helpful to the friars and people around me...dedicate more time to prayer and reflection on the Capuchin Franciscan Charism.



I think every birthday is a moment to express gratitude and self-reflection to know where one is and where one is heading. It is a day that fills your heart with different emotions and feelings about events, persons and about yourself. To sit and reflect on life will do me a lot of good to lead myself in the vineyard of the Lord.



These years have been a tremendous source of graces and blessings in my life as a Capuchin Franciscan, though unworthy the Lord has shouldered on me many big responsibilities in the Order which i faithfully carried out with His presence in my life. In all seasons the Lord was guiding me through and allowing me to be his instrument of peace, love, forgiveness and reconciliation



Thank God for using me to preach His Word either in the parish or to the religious. I feel contended and fulfilled as a priest friar in the Order. Through various talents and gifts the Lord has used me as His instrument. I am happy to have been of service and help to the Lord and my Capuchin Order.



I move forward with the hope that the Lord will continue to bless me and shower His blessings to give my best for His kingdom. I pray that my family, province, friends and well wishers will continue to pray for me and be with me. I remember my parents Baptist and Natalia who with their hard work and sacrifices gave me everything that i needed to be a child of God. 


I need your prayers and blessings to continue my life, mission and ministry as a Capuchin Franciscan. You will be on my prayer list everyday. 



No comments: