Sunday, December 8, 2019

Christmas is in the Air of Pune!!!!!!

Dear Jesus:

This is a letter, perhaps a little unusual, of an adult who has once again believed in you. And, above all, to "suspect" that the gifts are brought by you and nobody else.
The mistake, in my personal history, began when I discovered - or someone told me - that the parents were the ones who went to the toy store to buy what they called “Santa's gifts”.
From that moment I joined the gift idea to the purchase idea. I linked the gift to money.
Apparently I became realistic. But in fact I have lost the sense of the gift.
It is the ordinary mentality: everything is bought, all wishes can be heard, just have money.
Or also - we are on a higher level - everything is conquered with effort, sacrifices, fatigue.
Now, finally, I fall back into the account of it is necessary to wait for the gift. Like when I was a child. But how many years are needed to “be back” child !!!
Only the free gift, the gift, can change my life and transform - at least a little - the world.
But it has to be the gift that has nothing to do with silver.
The gift that is not bought in large supermarkets.
Nor is the gift that one deserves "if it has been good" (as children are often threatened).
No, I expect the gift precisely because I have not always been good, even sometimes I have been very bad. Because I did not get approved neither on the human nor on the Christian level. I did not achieve it and I think I will never be able to do it if it does not come as a gift.
I needed many years, and an abundant spray of white on the beards, to "suspect", is more, to mature the certainty that the gifts you bring them and no one else.
The others pay them and make them pay, in so many ways. And, in the end, they are inconsistent, often useless, fatuous gifts (Translated from Spanish and written by Capuchin Provincial of Argentina )...

 Yesterday visited a Mall close to our house......Christmas is felt and experienced materialistically in the Mall...
 Only Santas and Reindeers but now where Jesus...no angels and shepherd.....No Mother Mary and Joseph
 Felt bad.....all glittering....rich decorations in a Mall.....
 The another friar told me that at least people look at the decorations and know that it is Christmas and Christmas is the birth of Jesus....young and old pronounce the word "Christmas" they take the name of Christ....evangelisation....is already happening....
 Oh Wow feeling......
 Just posing with a smile....

 Here go.....thousamds look at the Christmas tree outside the Mall....
 Christmas is in the air.....cold weather ......winter has already set in...but not the cold that Puneites are normally used to experience....


No comments: