Monday, October 18, 2021

My beloved Cousin left for his heavenly Reward

 

Mr. William Corriea age 66 expired yesterday night in sleep with a massive heart attack. He is survived by wife and two children, both married. He was a dear brother to all of us. He was very kind to the extent of being present for everyone though very strict man with himself and with others. He had a large and soft heart. 
I spent much part of childhood in his house. The school and church was very close to his house and plus his family was well to do and my uncle and aunt were kind and loving persons who rendered always a helping hand to my parents who had 5 children to look after with their little economic resources. I would spend much of my time at their home. I was welcomed and loved by my cousins. William would help me in my studies and even would punish me for the mistakes made. But as a loving brother would always bring candies for me as he had already started working after his technical course. He was lucky to get a government job at telephone exchange. 
In 1978 when i decided to join the capuchins after my schooling he was the first one who congratulated and encouraged me for the decision. The day i left for Mangalore from Mumbai he was there to see me off with some fruits, sweets and some money for the travel. `since he was working for the telephone exchange he would once in a while telephone me. It was he who telephoned me to communicate the sad demise of my beloved father. 
During my vacations every year as a seminarian i would spend some days in his house and at the end i would receive some gifts and cash for buying clothes. He was very proud of me and would tell and speak to everyone about me. May his soul rest in peace. God grant him eternal rest
 

No comments: