Saturday, October 20, 2018

Mission Sunday: Called and Sent!!!!!!!!!

I am a Missionary of the Lord and His Words, deeds and actions? Do i accept that the Mission is not mine but that of the Lord...Do I give witness to the Love and Mercy of God which i Have experienced in my Life? I am a missionary in my convent, monastery, work place, Parish and in my family? Do i speak and announce the Word of God? 
 I am called and sent out to preach the good news....I am to do this after having experienced His love and Mercy....the same experience of the Risen Lord i need to spread around....
 I have the examples in the OT like Abraham, Moses, Isaiah, etc...who were called and given a task to perform.....all initially hesitated to give up...fear overwhelmed them...but the Lord gave them courage and grace to face the challenges...
 I have to do mission, my life is a mission and am a missionary where ever I am...i have to announce God's WOrd...because he has given me all the gifts and abilities to announce and declare the good news....i am called to serve and love others....i am chosen for a specific mission...
I have the greatest example today that of Mother Teresa who recognised and accepted the mission of her life, she decided to leave and serve the Lord by accepting the lonely and abandoned people. My own Founder and Father St. Francis accepted the Word of God and became life Christ and spread around the salvific word....he struggled and was misunderstood for the Mission that he carried but at the end the Lord granted him victory.




No comments: