Saturday, October 8, 2022

Gratitude to the Lord

 


I am grateful to my Parents, though poor gave me education, brought me up in my Catholic faith, taught morals at home. They guided 5 of us in every way to be good human and Christian. They taught us to be respectful towards elders, teachers and any strangers whom we met either on way to school, church or play and never insult or offend them by words and deeds. They were our greatest teachers though unlettered but hearts and souls were educated in the School of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for their support and guidance when i decided to Join the Capuchin Order, they did not know about the Capuchins but had heard that they are strict and very poor. I remember my mother saying that we too are poor so it will be easy to live with the poor Capuchins. 



The Journey of being grateful to God, parents, teachers, brothers and relatives began well at the age when everyone seems to be learning the art of living. It was so amazing to have good people around to show the way and path to walk and to hold when fell or fumbled on. The journey of gratitude begins from within the heart and mind, how can i forget the sacrifices of my parents, toiling day in and out for 5 sons to provide food, clothing, education, medicines etc. They were living saints guiding our destiny of future. I have seen my mother eating less but serving us more and sufficient, in winter covering us with sufficient warm clothes than herself. My Father would provide whatever he could afford so that we have minimum required. They were days when he could not provide food for us because he could not sell vegetables or flower plants in market but never grumbled or blamed God....accept the plight and came back home as cheerful as always. 



I am grateful to the Lord for granting me such a good parents who are now enjoying the blessedness and glory of the Lord in His abode. They were ably supported by my eldest brother who discontinued his schooling in order to financially support my parents in providing the minimum necessary. I am grateful for his great sacrifices for the family in providing everything that we needed in order grow matured human beings.

No comments: