Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Personal retreat in Pietrelcina .............

 The Holy Father just visited this place two weeks before....I am now walking in his footsteps....I chose this place for quite reflection and prayer....and I think I was right in choosing this place...quite...not many pilgrims....the community is small.....it is very good experience.....I came here on Sunday morning and began immediately my personal retreat....searching for some answers about my spiritual life and journey.....through the intercession of Padre Pio....my favorite saint....

 The Chapels here offer you spiritual food....you enter into a chapel and immediately you have a spiritual and holy feeling....
 The friars are very welcoming and fraternal.....some diocesan clergy came to spend some time in prayer and reflection....

 Padre Guiseppe a great missionary in Chad,,,,is now a parish priest serving the faithful with a million dollar smile..
 Padre Pio's statute ...praying for all of us

 A small chapel....where pilgrims long to be ,.....
 A little northeast of the provincial capital Benevento is the birthplace of Padre Pio. As you might expect the hamlet of Pietrelcina has become an important pilgrim destination but it still retains its evocative medieval feel. The town sits along the Valfortore and, as well as the house of Padre Pio, there is the castle, the churches of S.Anna, Cappuccini, S.Maria degli Angeli and an area called the 'Piana Romana' or Roman Plain.


No comments: