Thursday, July 21, 2016

Back to my History Lessons in Warangal

 Four friars .......full of life.....standing in a historical place....hope we will go down in the history too...

With the establishment of Kakatiya Dynasty at Warangal in the 11th century, Andhra got one of its major dynasties to shape its history and civilization.
There were many important Kakatiya Kings such as Prola I, Prola II, Rudradeva, Mahadeva, Ganapathideva and Prataparudra. Rani Rudrama Devi, daughter of Ganpathideva, was also equally able ruler.



The rulers of Kakatiya Dynasty were originally the feudatory of the Eastern Chalukyas of Vengi. Taking advantages of the confusion that followed after the death of the Eastern Chalukya king Ammaraja II Beta I, a feudatory of the Eastern Chalukyas declared his independence by establishing a new dynasty in the year 1,000 A.D. He ruled the Kakatiya Kingdom for 30 years


 I had History for my BA graduation......i studied this history and when i visited i remembered all what i had studied.....it was going back to my college days.....thanks to the friars who brought me here to visit




 The goats on the cliff of a mountain overlooking a large lake.....


 1000 Pillar Temple.....it has thousand pillars.....beautiful temple very old but still in operation.....prayers are offered here daily....

No comments: