Sunday, April 12, 2015

My Novice Master and Rector leaves for Heavenly abode

When i entered the Capuchin Order in 1979 Fr. Remigius was in Frangipet, Mangalore as a novice master. His very appearance was very fatherly. He went on to be my spiritual father, Novice Master, Philosophy Rector and then followed me all through the formation. He was my professor of Theology in Mysore. a great friar, teacher, formator and Leader. He was provincial for number of years. He has guided the destiny of KGM. We are grateful to him. Father Remigius we will miss you, your laughter and jokes.
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. From now on there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have longed for his appearing. (2 Timothy 4:7-8)


REV. FR. REMIGIUS SEQUEIRA OFM CAPUCHIN
(Baptismal Name: Mark Peter)

BORN: 04/11/1924
VESTED: 01/07/1945
SIMPLE PROFESSION: 02/07/1946
PERPETUAL PROFESSION: 02/07/1949
ORDAINED: 29/03/1952
DIED: 12/04/2015

Fr. Remigius Sequeira a senior most Friar (aged 90 years) of the Holy Trinity Capuchin Province Karnataka has passed away this evening  at 6.30 p. m.

His funeral will be conducted on 16th April, 2015, Thursday, at 4. 00 p.m.  in St. Fidelis friary, Monte Mariano Convent Chapel, Farangipet, Mangalore.

On the same day at 1.00 p. m the funeral will be kept at St. Anne’s Friary Chapel Bejai Mangalore, for the faithful to pay the last homage.


No comments: