Saturday, March 21, 2015

I am Robbed in Freccia Rossa on way to Milano

What a tragedy!!!! I could never imagine that a robbery could take place in a high speed Train which runs 300Km per hour...I was shocked and saddened to lose many things....I boarded a Train inRome at 7am to Milano.....The train left on time and after some time i took my haversack which i had placed on the rack to take my laptop.....I took laptop and left the bag on the rack itself....I began to work on message for my province magazine. I was fully engrossed into it and never ever thought in my wildest dreams that my bag would be stolen.
I had my habit, medicines, toilet articles, clothes, and most important were my documents in a small purse. I had my stay permit just last week renewed after three months of application. I had some Euros in the purse. When he train was arriving to Milano i rose to take my bag from the rack above my sit. And i was shocked not to see my bag there.....i checked little further but i did not find....checked under seats even there too i did not find....i called the train personnel who helped to check even in the toilet.....nothing was found.......they advised me to speak to the head of the train....he assured me that we will find out....after searching for another 15 minutes they gave up the search and asked me to leave phone number. They advised me to lodge a complaint to the railway police....I went to the railway police along my friend.....to write my complaint they took almost two hours....that wait and information made me still worse....anxiety and fear of losing a stay permit without which i cannot travel anywhere,,,,,,what a bad luck.....my sugar shot up and no medicines were with me....i went to a medical store and asked for some diabetic tablets which they refused.....i drank a full bottle of water and it was all ok.....the family who came to pick me up were feeling bad and sad for me.....
Now i am hoping against hope that the robbers would leave my documents somewhere so that i can have them....the police were kind and nice towards me....i revealed my Identity as Capuchin friar....one of the polices is married an Indian and he began to speak to me about his experience with his wife....he said that he has told all his friends to marry Indian girls because they are good women who make good wives....amidst all my tensions i had to hear all that stuff.....but hearing him i was feeling proud of being Indian....i thanked him for his appreciation for Indians....
i request you all to pray for me.....if i don't receive my stay permit i have to apply for duplicate and it may take some time....meanwhile i have already organized my program for the next month....I am suppose to fly on 29th of this month.....

No comments: