Thursday, August 14, 2014

Happy Independence Day....68 Birthday of Indian Democracy




  • Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high; 
    Where knowledge is free; 
    Where the world has not been 
    broken up into fragments by 
    narrow domestic walls; 
    Where words come out from 
    the depth of truth; 
    Where tireless striving stretches 
    its arms towards perfection
    Where the clear stream of reason 
    has not lost its way into the dreary 
    desert sand of dead habit; 
    Where the mind is lead forward by thee 
    into ever-widening thought and action- 
    Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, 
    let my country awake.”  
    “Geetanjali”
    - Rabindranath Tagore
  • “Is there ought you need that my hands withhold, Rich gifts of raiment or grain or gold? Lo ! I have flung to the East and the West Priceless treasures torn from my breast, And yielded the sons of my stricken womb To the drum-beats of the duty, the sabers of doom…..” The Gift of India – Sarojini Naidu
  • “Better than Heaven or Arcadia
    I love thee, O my India!
    And thy love I shall give
    To every brother nation that lives.
    God made the Earth;
    Man made confining countries
    And their fancy-frozen boundaries…”
    Swami Yogananda Paramhansa
  • Vande Mataram “Mother, I bow to thee! Rich with thy hurrying streams, Bright with thy orchard gleams, Cool with thy winds of delight, Dark fields waving, Mother of might, Mother free…..” Original Poem written by Bankim Chandra Chatterjee in Bengali Translated by Sri Aurobindo
    source Internet........

No comments: