Friday, August 22, 2014

Assembly of the Province and Feast

Three weeks of canonical visitation came to an end with a celebration of an assembly and feast of the Province. There were about 50 friars who participated in the assembly. We began with a hymn to the Holy spirit followed by a prayer by me. The Provincial minister welcomed the participants and me. The Provincial delivered a key note address to the brothers. I then spoke for about one hour about the Capuchin life in todays modern world. I also gave them suggestions and my findings after the visitation of the province. I told them that it would be a failure on my part if suggestions and recommendations are not made known to the friars. 

 The Eucharistic celebration presided over by me and concelebrated by the provincial and vicar. The Provincial preached a beautiful homily on the readiness to do the will of the Father and not ones own will.


 All the Friars who gathered for the assembly.

 Inauguaration and blessing of a small hall for Prayers and sharing.....in the campus of Anugraha which welcomes every month about 200 people for various courses and counseling......
 It was followed by an agape in the refectory. Br. Wilson the director and guardian welcomed all the friars and participants for the Inner child counseling course which started this morning...there are 100 participants from all over India irrespective of religion and gender....

 Married couples, young men and women, male and female religious and even diocesan clergy participating in this course.....


No comments: