Thursday, April 17, 2014

Celebrations of Priesthood Day

I am in Dinslaken, Germany, where i used to come from Rome for summer Ministry while i was studying. This parish was with the Passionists fathers and then handed over to the Diocese of Munster. I came to this parish after i finished my two months of German Language course in Achan, Germany. There was Fr. Peter Liebens who welcomed and introduced me to the Parish. I was replacing him for the summer. I had few masses during the week and sometimes funerals. It was easy because i did not have to preach in German. I could preach in English and the deacon would translate in German. After two weeks the parishioners themselves said that i could preach in German even if i made mistakes was acceptable to them. I did and had good feedback from all. since then i have been connected to this parish called "Heilig-Geist Holy Spirit Church". Today it is no more an independent parish but part of a big parish in Dinslaken. The diocese has united all 7 parishes and carved out one parish with 35000 parishioners and there are 6 priests active. The lay people are very active. They have a wonderful choir who sings for various occasions. I am here for last 4 days and I am being invited by those who know me. Unfortunately, some have gone for vacations.
Today was a special day for me. Since yesterday, i have been invited either for lunch or dinner to celebrate the priesthood day. The Germans respect and love the Priests. It is wonderful experience to be loved and accepted by them. 
This afternoon all the priests came together for Lunch to celebrate this priesthood day. I presented to all of them the St. Damien Cross. So i am sharing my Capuchin Franciscan spirituality and charism. They asked me many questions about capuchin life and the general curia. 
 Two Gentlemen Mr. Florin and Mr. Kamerling


 Assistant Parish Priest
 Mrs. Mairanna Floer, Caritas worker

 Mr and Mrs. Gregor and Ursula Schmidts
 The Parish Priest Fr. Gregor Kaulig and his Team of 6 priests


No comments: