Friday, May 1, 2020

Thank God for 28 years of Priesthood in the Capuchin Order

On 2nd May 1992 along with other 7 Ordinandis we processed to the make shift Sanctuary and Altar along with three Bishops and over 100 priests both Local clergy and religious. We were a mixed group belonging to different dioceses and religious congregations....But all of us hailed from Vasai....Bishop Thomas Dabre as the new Bishop of Vasai was ordaining for the first time 8 candidates as a new Bishop.....There were about 5000 faithful...it was a great celebration....my Mother and family too excited to see me ordained at Nandhakhal Vasai...It was twin celebration in the family, my ordination and younger brother Peter's marriage on 3rd May 1992.
 This morning amidst lockdown....stranded at Jalgaon, Maharashtra for last 40 days in the convent of sisters of Carmelite Congregation.....celebrated thanksgiving Eucharist with 6 sisters....
 28 years have been years of wonderful experiences of God's accompaniment and guidance
 I have journeyed all these years with my Capuchin Charism, spirituality, Rule and Constitutions...
 Spent most of the years in formation, pastoral activity, preaching retreats and animation as provincial and General Councillor....

 The `Word of God has been a source of deep and solid strength.....
 In my ups and downs, brokenness and darkness my Capuchin Life and community has been a strong pillar behind me





No comments: