Monday, November 5, 2018

One Hour in the Cemetery!!!!!

You might have heard many sermons on the visit to the Cemetery or why Catholics must visit the cemeteries every now and then....I have been visiting them but only once in a year or if I was celebrating funeral....but otherwise just pass by without any feelings or emotions, or any thoughts of pausing awhile to pray for the beloved ones resting there....
 On 2nd of November I visited a cemetery along with Fr. Caitano, guardian of Alincante Friary...we drove to his village which is about one hour drive....I was pleasantly surprised to see the amount of people flocked there to visit and pray in the cemetery....flowers of different colors and sizes...very attractive....the cemetery very clean...decorated....some people silently standing and muttering prayers...some of them shedding tears for the beloved ones.....
 The words of the priest were very loud and clear in his homily, "Today Him and tomorrow you", very scary yet it is reality...dying in and with Christ....rising with Him to a new eternal and beautiful life....all those dead and buried in beautiful tombs are already in paradise....
 During this one hour visit many thoughts passed through my mind and my head and heart was filled with the names of my dear and near ones, friends and benefactors,,,,,oh my God...I could never imagine that so many people in my life came and are no more with me....the feeling having prayed for them was fantastic and satisfying,,,,I thanked all of them for their love and presence in my life while they lived on earth....one hour took me to the first death that I experience in my life that was my grandfather.....I was just 7 years old...I still carry his memories....
 Why visit the cemeteries ...because that is our place where will rest.....it is a place to be one with Mother Earth from where came and to whom we shall be united.....our soul will be united with the creator God, the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit...to give an account...to receive our prizes....
 Life is beautiful and if lived in a beautiful way to make everyone else's life beautiful is the call and vocation received and fulfilled with commitment.

 The cemetery in a small village of 1200 people....beautiful and clean....you can spend hours reflecting on death and eternal life...

 Oh Death where is your Victory! where is your sting?


 Celebrations of gratitude to the deceased ones...whose sacrifices and love has brought us what we have and what we are....how can we forget them...should we not visit and say a small prayer....let us not wait till 2nd November but every and now then....

No comments: