Saturday, March 11, 2017

Participants arriving in Medan for the meeting of Conference with General Council

What do you get if you have faith in God and follow his will? We very naturally ask, "What is in it for me?" before investing ourselves in anything.

     Abraham, initially called Abram, is the "Father of faith." The test of true faith is exemplified by Abraham in his obedience to God's will, obedience which may be difficult but which ultimately brings us to the fullness of life and happiness.

     In today's first reading from Genesis, we hear God's promise and blessing for Abraham: God promises providence, purpose and protection to Abraham: providence - "I will bless you"; purpose - "I will bless others through you"; and protection- "I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you."








     God's promises are clear: God is always faithful to his promises rewarding faith and obedience "far more than we can ask for or imagine." (Eph 3: 20)

     In the Gospel reading about the transfiguration of Jesus on the holy mountain, the voice from the cloud, his heavenly Father, tells the disciples, "This is my Son, my Beloved, my Chosen One. Listen to him."

     What is God's will for us? Are we willing to "listen to him," to do his will for us? Do we believe in God's word and promises?

No comments: